Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The English Channel

Last night was rough. Things were crashing in my room. The feeling of the bed falling out from under me, only to run up and meet me again. The boat vibrating with a loud thud. The English channel has its moments. I also discovered that at some point someone put a paper hole punch on one of my shelves. That fell off around 1:30am and I woke up to a floor covered in snow-like round white paper dots. My Chief looked shell shocked in the morning. It was quite bad yesterday afternoon as well. I made everyone in the instrument room watch the documentary "Around Cape Horn", a movie about a 1929 journey of a clipper ship around Cape Horn. It helps put the current weather into perspective.

Now we are in Den Helder. Flat. but windy. Typical Holland I guess.


No comments: